Are the final images retouched?
- Yes, but just enough retouching to make you look polished. Standard retouching includes stray hairs, shiny skin, blemishes, whiten teeth and eyes, lipstick on teeth, under eye darkness or bags, fine lines and wrinkles, improve redness and skin texture.
What if I hate having my picture taken?
- Most people hate having their picture taken. It's ok, we’re used to it. We strive to make each session as fun as possible. You’ll have a variety of images to choose from and you will be involved in every step of the photographic process.
What should I bring with me?
- Please bring samples that will help us understand the style of portraiture you like. For example, an older picture of yourself that you really like, an image from a magazine, other people’s photos, etc. If you will be using the image in printed materials, bring a sample. If the image will be going online, we can pull it up on the computer prior to your shoot.
What should I wear?
- Bring your favorite selection and an alternate choice or two. There are no absolutes when selecting wardrobe for portraits. Feel free to bring anything that makes you feel great. It is important that your clothing is cleaned, pressed and fits you well.
- Men – Dark, solid jackets with a colored shirt and a colorful tie seem to make the best shots. Alternatively, a coat and dress shirt with no tie is a great look.
- Women – Medium to dark, solid colors are the way to go. Alternatively, rich jewel-toned wardrobe (red, blue, green, purple) will pop. Please, avoid pastels or colors that wash you out, unless you pair it with a dark jacket, sweater, or scarf.
- Clothes to avoid - Busy patterns, tweeds or plaids, sleeveless or short-sleeved shirts, turtlenecks
- Accessories - Simple jewelry is best, unless your style is flashy and it is a signature for you.
- Facial hair - If you have facial hair, make sure it is well-groomed. The rest of your face should be fresh-shaven. Your session includes basic retouching, but that does not include razor stubble. We do have disposable razors at the studio if you need to shave immediately before the shoot.
- Nails - Your hands may or may not appear in the image, but be prepared with clean nails. Polished or unpolished nails are fine, but not dirty or chipped.
- Hair - In addition to styling on the day of the session, please make sure your hair is styled normally and cut, if need, prior to the shoot. Hair color, including roots, should be fresh.
- Skincare - Avoid tan lines or sunburns. Blemishes are easily retouched, so don’t worry about those.